Glenn Badham — Artist
A driven painter, for a quarter of a century, I have built relationships with Galleries, Dealers, and Arts Consultants to showcase and establish my art.
I look for rhythm and repetition in the world around us. Inspired by Fractal Geometry, I look for cycles and synthesis in the rock formations of a landscape or the patterns of a dancer, I make ink sketches that later evolve into oil paintings, celebrating the magnetism of light, colour and movement. I love the way a painting can freeze a moment, whilst at the same time allow space for my reaction and emotion to be thrust upon it.
Past projects include the Palace of Westminster, London Palladium, Sadlers Wells Theatre and Ronnie Scotts Jazz club and I am currently donating a percentage of income generated from print sales to support the National Trusts`, Neptune Coastal Campaign.
Successes in 2020
- Ty Pawb, Open submission competition selection. `Rockpooling, from Our English Coast collection, chosen to be part of the real world exhibition in Wrexham, Wales.
- August 15 to September 26 - 5th solo show - "OUR ENGLISH COAST". 78 Derngate, Northampton (The Charles Rennie Mackintosh House).
- October 30th to November 12th "OUR ENGLISH COAST" moves on, with new works incorporated, to the 1st floor Gallery at Rugby Museum and Art Gallery.
- Sky Landscape Artist of the Year selection. Wildcard
- 2 lockdown open competitions entered and my paintings were successfully selected - Flea Circus magazine in July and Gaada E-Zine in May.
One Man Exhibitions
- 2020 August - `OUR ENGLISH COAST` 78 Derngate, Northampton MOVING TO: October/November - Rugby Museum and Art Gallery
- 2011 October - 'A MOMENT IN TIME' NumberNineTheGallery, Birmingham. 6 pieces purchased by Palace of Westminster permanent collection and archive.
- 2008 August - 'FROM CUBA WITH LOVE' NumberNineTheGallery, Birmingham
- 2006 'RITES AND RIOTS' NumberNineTheGallery, Birmingham
- 2004 February - 'DRAMA' NumberNineTheGallery, Birmingham
- NumberNineThe Gallery, Birmingham
- Contemporary 6, Manchester
- Gallery 54 London
- Antidote Art, Leicester
- Bloxham Gallery, London
- Taurus Gallery, Oxford
- 02 Gallery, Chipping Camden
Commissions and Purchasers
- St. Astor Hotel New York.
- Palace of Westminster Permanent Collection, London
- Dorchester Hotel, London.
- Sherlock Holmes Hotel London.
- Park Lane Hotel London.
- Crystal Serenity Cruise Liner
- Twickenham Marriot Hotel, London
Odeon entertainment and the management team of the World Superbike Champion, James Toseland selected me to paint his official portrait for a limited edition print run of 395 'Brands Hatch Double'.
Chosen by 'The Metro' magazine to paint the winning prize portrait for a competition open to the public. Sponsored by Gallo winemakers the painting was given widespread media coverage and was granted its own space at that years Affordable Art Fair in Battersea London.
- New York Affordable Art Fair, USA
- Grand Designs, Excel, London
- Christies Auction House, London
- On The Wall, Olympia, London
- Affordable Art Fair, London
- Edinburgh Art Fair
- Cambridge Art Fair.
At the Beginning
Arts Fest in Birmingham, Beckenham Arts Centre, Kent, Tri-National Arts Project, Galerie Des Confluences, Paris,Tri-National ArtsProject, Galerie im Theatre, Lingen Germany, New Works, Leicester, Tri-National Arts Project, Custard Factory, Birmingham, Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent, Degree Show, DeMontfort University, Leicester.