Glenn Badham — Artist
A driven artist, for a quarter of a century, I have built relationships with Galleries, Dealers, and Arts Consultants to showcase and establish my art.
I look for rhythm and repetition in the landscape around us. Inspired by Fractal Geometry, I look for cycles and synthesis in the rock formations of a landscape, the foliage on trees or in the form of clouds. I make pen and ink sketches and mixed media drawings, which later evolve into oil paintings, celebrating the colour and wonder around us and how we fit within it. I use a synthetic palette creating bright, bold visions of our world but am concerned with our majestic environment, National heritage and history. with an increasing detachment and disregard from the world around us I force the real world back before audiences to appreciate once more. I love the way a painting freezes a moment and allow space for my reaction and emotion to be thrust upon an audience.
I am donating a percentage of income generated from 2 specialised print sales, to support the National Trusts`, Neptune Coastal Campaign and help them in their endeavour to preserve 780 miles of our National Costline.
In the past, I have produced artworks from the Queens Speech at the Palace of Westminster, the `King and I` musical at the London Palladium, Tango por Dos at Sadlers Wells Theatre and various musicians at Ronnie Scotts Jazz club.
- Mall Galleries, Pastel Society Open exhibition selection 2021.
- Royal Cambrian Academy Open exhibition selection 2021.
- ARTSY online exhibition `Art and Identity`
- Laura I.Gallery London.
- Rugby Open Selection.
- October 30th to November 5 "OUR ENGLISH COAST", 1st floor Gallery at Rugby Museum and Art Gallery.
- Rooftop Arts, Red Online Competition. 2 paintings selected for their 6 week online exhibition.
- Grey Cube open submission competition. Selected for and acheived an Honourable Mention award with `Combesgate`.
- Ty Pawb, Open submission competition selection. `Rockpooling`, from Our English Coast collection, chosen to be part of the real world exhibition in Wrexham, Wales.
- August 15 to September 26 - 5th solo show - "OUR ENGLISH COAST". 78 Derngate, Northampton (The Charles Rennie Mackintosh House).
- Sky Landscape Artist of the Year selection. Wildcard
- 2 lockdown open competitions entered and my paintings were successfully selected - Flea Circus magazine in July and Gaada E-Zine in May.
One Man Exhibitions
- 2020 August - `OUR ENGLISH COAST` 78 Derngate, Northampton MOVING TO: October/November - Rugby Art Gallery and Museum
- 2011 October - 'A MOMENT IN TIME' NumberNineTheGallery, Birmingham. 6 pieces purchased by Palace of Westminster permanent collection and archive.
- 2008 August - 'FROM CUBA WITH LOVE' NumberNineTheGallery, Birmingham
- 2006 'RITES AND RIOTS' NumberNineTheGallery, Birmingham
- 2004 February - 'DRAMA' NumberNineTheGallery, Birmingham
- Mall Galleries, London
- Laura I. Gallery, London
- Contemporary 6, Manchester
- Gallery 54 London
- NumberNineThe Gallery, Birmingham
- Antidote Art, Leicester
- Bloxham Gallery, London
- Taurus Gallery, Oxford
- 02 Gallery, Chipping Camden
Commissions and Purchasers
- St. Astor Hotel New York.
- Palace of Westminster Permanent Collection, London
- Dorchester Hotel, London.
- Sherlock Holmes Hotel London.
- Park Lane Hotel London.
- Crystal Serenity Cruise Liner
- Twickenham Marriot Hotel, London
Odeon entertainment and the management team of the World Superbike Champion, James Toseland selected me to paint his official portrait for a limited edition print run of 395 'Brands Hatch Double'.
Chosen by 'The Metro' magazine to paint the winning prize portrait for a competition open to the public. Sponsored by Gallo winemakers the painting was given widespread media coverage and was granted its own space at that years Affordable Art Fair in Battersea London.
- New York Affordable Art Fair, USA
- Grand Designs, Excel, London
- Christies Auction House, London
- On The Wall, Olympia, London
- Affordable Art Fair, London
- Edinburgh Art Fair
- Cambridge Art Fair.
At the Beginning
Arts Fest in Birmingham, Beckenham Arts Centre, Kent, Tri-National Arts Project, Galerie Des Confluences, Paris,Tri-National ArtsProject, Galerie im Theatre, Lingen Germany, New Works, Leicester, Tri-National Arts Project, Custard Factory, Birmingham, Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent, Degree Show, DeMontfort University, Leicester.